Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Google Wierdness on Wall Street

You are probably hearing how google got wallopped in the stock market after hours on Tuesday. Now, I'm not a fan of Google if you are a regular reader, you know how I feel about their increasing, shall we say, hegemony, but their earnings were up 82% from the previous year in the same quarter. That is absolutely balls to the wall, incredbile. Now, Wall Street is rewarding them with a huge shellacking. I'm involved with several small businesses. If any of my businesses had earning up 82% over the previous year, same quarter, I'd be high fiving the entire office, and probably dishing out bonuses to boot, along with buying a keg of beer on a Friday afternoon, if not 2 kegs. Wall Street is just a strange, strange world of pushing the envelope of 'figgers, and never being satisfied with tangible results that are "below" expectations of some numbers crunching MBA-grad 20 something pencil pusher.

No comments: